Summer Session at Emerson
Welcome to Summer @ Emerson! We offer a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses open to the general public and visiting students from other institutions.
Why Choose Emerson?
- Earn credits during the summer to transfer back to your College or University to make progress towards earning your degree
- Take a class for your personal or professional development
- All courses for Summer 2022 will be offered online to continue your studies no matter where you are
- Undergraduate summer tuition is discounted over 50% off the regular Emerson fall and spring rate
- Learn from Emerson faculty and participate in the same courses taken by Emerson degree students
- Summer School registration opens for Visiting Students: Monday, March 21, 2022
- Summer I Term: Classes run from May 11 - June 29, 2022. Registration closes May 10
- Summer II Term: Classes run from June 30 - August 17, 2022. Registration closes June 29
Browse Courses by Subject
- Business & Marketing
- Culture & Theatre
- Economics & Math
- Literature & Publishing
- Music & Film
- Psychology, Sociology, & Religion
Tuition & Fees
- Undergraduate Courses (numbered 100-499) - $794 per credit hour. Most courses are 4 credit hours.
- Graduate Courses (numbered 600-699) - $1322 per credit hour. Most courses are 4 credit hours.
During the summer semester, the undergraduate tuition rate of $794 per credit reflects a discount of over 50% off the regular academic year rate of $1602 per credit, so it's a great time to catch up, get ahead, or make progress towards your learning goals.
Payment is due at the time of enrollment and may be paid online with a credit card during the secure checkout process.
Emerson charges a $35 registration fee assessed once per Term (for example - Summer Session 1 Term, Summer Session 2 Term) regardless of how many courses you decide to take within that Term. This fee will be visible during the checkout process. View our Refund policy.
Registration for Non-Degree / Visiting Students
Learn more about enrolling as a Non-Degree or Visiting Student in credit-bearing courses.
When you are ready to register, navigate to the Course Search page to find courses in which you wish to enroll. Each course page contains the specific dates for the course section, number of credits offered, format, tuition prices, course descriptions, and other details. Course sections available for registration will have an Add to Cart button to complete your purchase. Courses currently full or closed for enrollment will include a Request Information button which enables you to sign up for an automatic email alert when a new section of the course becomes available for registration or if a seat becomes available in a sold out course.
Emerson Degree-Seeking Students:
If you are currently enrolled in an Emerson degree program, you should use this website only to enroll in non-credit (CE) courses. To register for undergraduate or graduate credit courses applicable toward your degree, follow the instructions provided to you by the Registrar's Office. Additional information for degree-seeking students regarding registration dates, deadlines and tuition rates may be found on the Registrar's Office Registration page. If you are a newly admitted student for the Fall semester and want to take a summer class, speak with your Advisor first, then contact us for next steps.
For the Summer 2022 semester, all courses will be offered via either Remote delivery (live online instruction) or Online delivery (asynchronous online course with no set meeting times).
Emerson College is closely monitoring the Covid-19 situation and maintains a dashboard of the campus testing results. Visit the College's COVID-19 information page for the latest information or follow news alerts on Emerson Today.